Benefits of Jeera (Cumin)
An excellent antitoxin is present in Jeera(cumin). It is also helpful in relaxing muscles and reducing inflammation. Fibre is also found in it. Contains iron, and calcium. It is also a good source of minerals like potassium, magnesium, and zinc. Vitamin E, Vitamin B, and Vitamin C are found in large quantities in cumin.
Jeera(Cumin )is used a lot in our Indian food, its taste and aroma give a great flavour. Although few people know about the benefits of Jeera( cumin), but it also has different types of benefits. In Ayurveda, The importance of cumin has been talked about a lot.
- Cumin is very beneficial for stomach and digestion, such as it should be consumed for indigestion, stomach pain and morning sickness. Mix a teaspoon of cumin powder in a glass of water and drink it. Adding roasted cumin and black pepper to buttermilk and drinking it gives relief in many stomach related problems.
- If small children have a stomach ache, then boil cumin seeds in hot water and cool it and give it to the child, it provides quick relief.
- Anaemia especially affects the health of women. If you have this problem, consume cumin seeds regularly, the iron present in it reduces fatigue and stress along with removing anemia.
- Consumption of cumin is also helpful in reducing weight, it reduces fat and cholesterol in the body, mix it with curd and consume it.
- The calcium present in cumin strengthens the bones, and the vitamins A and B12 present in it help in fighting osteoporosis.
- Cumin is considered beneficial for diabetic patients.
- Cumin is also beneficial for people who do not sleep, mash a ripe banana and eat roasted cumin seeds in it, it will give good sleep.
- Cumin is also considered beneficial in increasing memory, because of the presence of antioxidants in it. Therefore, chew one teaspoon of cumin seeds daily.
- Vitamin C is found in cumin. Which works to strengthen our immune system. Vitamin C is also beneficial for those of us whose immune system has become weak due to excessive stress. Nowadays stress has become a common condition in our society, but by taking regular intake of Vitamin C, you can control your physical health.
- Vitamin E is found in cumin, which helps in strengthening the cell wall of the skin of our body. It also improves the moisture and softening of the skin. It also acts as a natural anti-ageing. Several studies have shown that vitamin E reduces inflammation.
Benefits of Jeera (Cumin)-
- If you do not get sleep then do not worry, with the help of cumin you can fight the problem easily because cumin contains melatonin which is considered essential to fighting insomnia and sleep-related disorders which helps in sleeping.
- Use of cumin for bad breath – Take cumin and rock salt powder twice a day, which provides relief from the bad smell coming from the mouth.
- Use of cumin in toothache If you have a problem with toothache, the use of cumin seeds can be beneficial, making a decoction of black cumin and gargling it provides relief in toothache.
- Use of cumin to stop diarrhea – Consuming cumin in diarrhea is very beneficial, if someone is having diarrhea, then he has to call 5 grams of cumin and ask if consumed in any member countries, it is beneficial in diarrhea
- Cumin is considered very beneficial for eyesight.
- Cumin is also considered beneficial in piles.
Some facts about cumin-
–Common name – cumin or cumin
-Botanical name – Cuminum cymimum
-Useful part – fruit
Do you know about the jeera?
Cumin is cultivated throughout our India, especially in Rajasthan, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh. The cumin plant is a herb that can grow to a height of about 1 to 1.5 feet. Cumin leaves are long and white colored small flowers that bloom in clusters of cumin seeds. Cumin seeds are long but oval in shape.
Hope you all liked the information given by us about the benefits of Jeera(cumin).